Monday, August 31, 2009

Movie: The Final Destination 3D - My Review

• Rave Town Square
• 08/29/09 4:00 PM
• $10.50

I think I'm writing this review more to get it out of my head than to inform the public at large.

After attending School House Rock Live! at the Stage Door, I just was not ready to go home. I decided to see what new films had opened at the Rave. My obvious choices: Halloween II and The Final Destination. I decided upon the latter since I had seen the previous three.

The first Final Destination sort of creeped me out a bit. I was living in Houston, TX at the time. I had just returned on a flight from NY. I had a nice conversation with the passenger next to me about the lack of good Italian food in H-town. She recommended a place to visit (family run) that I might like. She was taken off the plane at our first stop along with a bottle of oxygen as she had some breathing problems in flight.

When I arrived back in town I decided to try out the restaurant and following that went to the movie theater across the street. I caught the movie... what a mistake; not because it was bad, but it stirred in me some primal fears of death and being hunted.

The second movie with the traffic accident and the third with the roller coaster were just horror movies to me. Yes they were a bit graphic; but just movies.

I don't know what they caught in this one, but after watching the 3D movie, I again felt the dread of being stalked and paranoia. Perhaps it was the childhood euphoria of the previous show being replaced with fear of death. Swings of emotion tend to be have the greatest effect on the human psyche.

All that being said, the 3D effects in the movie were not bad. They did not detract from the show at all. This one is a bit more graphic with the splatter and general gore than the previous two.

I don't know that I'd recommend the movie, but if you intend to see it go to the theater for the full effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment